» Stories Online
» Colporteur Connection
Colporteur Connection 6
How to get involved in the colporteur ministry
You’re holding a beautiful, truth-filled book in your hands. You know there’s a world of people out there who need this volume—but how do you convince them of that? You’ve read the book; you’ve jotted down some of your favorite passages; but you’re not quite satisfied. What else could you tell a prospective customer to encourage them to purchase the book that could change their life?
Listed below are some of the most popular features of several books colporteurs love to sell. As time goes on, you may find more to add, but this will give you a good start.
The Great Controversy • It’s very clear that the world is on the edge of a great crisis. By examining history and Bible prophecy, we can understand the real reason for what is happening.
• This book does not make off-the-wall predictions about the future. It is based totally on God’s Word. It is simply one of the best books available on Bible prophecy.
• If a historical appendix is included in the book, show it to the customer, mentioning that the book is based on documented, historical facts.
• Fascinating stories of many famous reformers, such as Martin Luther, John and Charles Wesley, and Roger Williams are included. This alone makes this book a must for Christians of every faith.
• Beginning with a sentence on page 593, read, "The last great delusion is soon to open before us. . . ." Continue through the end of the paragraph. Then skip over to page 595 and read the whole paragraph that begins, "But God will have a people upon the earth. . . ."
The Desire of Ages • This book is the best book ever written on the life of Christ. It is more than just a story book. It explains Christ’s answers to many of today’s most difficult questions.
• A leading curator of the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. stated that this book was one of the most inspirational and accurate books ever written about Jesus’ earthly ministry.
• Show the customer the references to parallel Bible passages found at the beginning of most chapters.
• Starting with "Christ was treated as we deserve . . ." on page 25, read the rest of the paragraph. More precious thoughts are on pages 330 and 331. Read the paragraph on page 755 that begins "The spotless Son of God. . . ."
Patriarchs and Prophets • Many have wondered, "How did the universe begin? How did the world get started? Where did we come from?" This book answers these and many other important questions.
• This book gives the early history of our world, beginning with the origin of sin in the universe. It brings to light many beautiful truths that give direction to our Christian lives today.
• Briefly share simple lessons from the lives of Noah, Moses, Samson, David, etc. Some good quotes for these Bible characters are found on pages 96, 244, 567, and 647.
Christ’s Object Lessons • This is the best book ever written on the parables of Jesus. It helps us see Jesus in even the simple, everyday things around us.
• It is a wonderful devotional book the whole family will enjoy.
• Share some of Christ’s parables or other beautiful thoughts contained in the book. For ideas, see pages 19, 78, 205–206, and 376.
The Ministry of Healing • The subject of health is one of the most widely discussed topics in the United States.
• This book gives practical ways to apply Bible principles of health. It covers many topics, including disease prevention, natural healing, nutrition and diet, stress management, raising children, and having successful families. It is a must for every family. Modern science continues to confirm the principles found in this book.
Want more ideas? We’re out of room here, but you’ll find more under this link: Additional Tips and Information.
© 1999—2012 Young Disciple Ministries, Inc.
51 FDR Lake Rd • PO Box 400 • Inchelium, WA 99138 • 509-722-4300 • Email Us